Monday, May 23, 2005

Comes in 3s

Do you believe that bad luck comes in 3s?

Bad luck number 1:

My weekends usually start on a Friday night. There I was, enjoying my Friday night coffee with my cousin, K, and a friend, R, when I needed to go the washroom. So I went, but when I flushed, the bowl almost overflowed!!! I had nowhere to go, no higher ground to run to. The cube was less than a meter wide. Good thing, it didn't really overflow and when I went out, this kind older lady was waiting. I told her what happened, she took care of telling the janitor to fix it up. Kind soul. She became the angel of my Friday night.

Bad luck number 2:

Saturday night I was out my cousin K (again) and good friends from high school, Dr. R and M. I wore my stappy silver high-heeled sandals coz they were terrific with my get-up :) The last time I wore it was during my friend's wedding and the strap of the right shoe snapped so I had it fixed. But not for good apparently. While walking around, straps of both shoes snapped. It was definitely an emergency : two strapless shoes at 11pm on Saturday night! And I still had two bars to conquer. Good thing one store was still open, but from where we were standing it was about 25 meters away. My girlfriends covered me coz I was walking barefoot. And we all ran, laughing towards the store. I was totally touched with what they all did for me. I got a new pair of sandals, a bit pricey but at least I was fixed in no time. I had my three angels to thank for, without them a seemingly embarrassing situation became a funny one.

Bad luck number 3:

Sundays are usually spent at home, watching tv or films on vcd/dvd. My trusty vcd player suddenly conked out. And I still had 3 films to watch. Damn. No angel this time, no one could fix it. So I went out to the mall instead with my cousin. Along the way, we passed by the church and decided to hear mass as well. Turned out well in the end, coz we were able to hear mass, met up with two other cousins for dinner and had fun.

Bad luck comes in 3s, they say. But no one said good luck follows. Also in 3s. Now I know. And am telling the world about it.

No comments: