Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Travelling Mommy

I'm going to HK later today for the annual bank meetings. I'll be away for 5 days and I already am missing my two boys. Travelling is part of the job that I have. Mostly it has been fun to travel, specially when I was single. I didn't have to wonder who would read my little boy's bed time story or worry if he has drank his vitamins. I know it's just five days, but when you're a mom, 5 days seems like eternity.

Then mid-next week, I'd be going home to Cagayan de Oro and stay for about a week. I have to deal with a business venture with my parents. Hubs was supposed to go, but he had a lot of projects at work, so instead I go. I was thinking of bringing the little one, but with no Yaya in tow, I won't be able to help as much. And help is the main reason I'm going home. Oh, the sacrifices we make to earn a living.

In these times of crisis, one needs to find ways to make a little more money and save. Salary alone is not enough. But of course, you also need to be careful in picking out a business venture. Luxury things or activities are definitely out. Just stick with the basics, like food or basic services needed. That way, you also manage the risks.

No comments: