Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A beginning for all Pinoys

Today was Noynoy's inaguaration and the whole country halted* to witness this hand-over of power.  I feel hopeful about this new administration.  But I'm also tempering my hopefulness with reality.  For our country to go forward is not just the job of the president, it's really the job of the whole nation. 

I don't remember being hopeful when GMA won.  I pray that's a sign of good things to come.

1.  The event started ahead of time, coz Noynoy left his home on time.  Good start, right?
2.  Charice sang the national anthem the right way.
3.  Apo Hiking, Noel Cabangon, Ryan Cayabyab, Madrigal Singers - all top notch performers.  I was puzzled with Christian Bautista apperance.  It was so out of place.
4.  Noynoy's speech was humbling.  And whatever he campaigned for, he still stands by.

*with the exception of the call center people and global companies who have 24/5 or 24/7 operations.  Like the company I work for.  So yes, I was half watching the TV and working. 

1 comment:

Shutterfairy said...

his being early was a good sign.. =)