Monday, June 18, 2012

Green love

The past summer, I've been growing my modest herb garden. We don't have a big yard and the soil isn't good for plants.  So I had to do a choose the plants I want to grow and also buy garden soil.

There's my Basil, Celery, Taragon (herbs), Sampaguita and Pink Roses

Our very small front yard.  I fancy myself a gardener LOL

Tools of the trade - gloves and clippers
New buds - Taragon, Roses, Lemon Grass and Citronella

I'm still growing my garden and I've added Lemon Grass (Tanlad in Bisaya), Citronella to keep the mosquittos away, Bell Peppers, Calamnsi and a couple more flowering plants.  I'm a little bit proud of what I've been able to do.  I grew up with professional agriculturists - my Mama and my Uncle - so I thought I'd have this easy, but gardening is hard! It's labor intensive and sometimes frustrating too, especially when your small buds suddenly die.  The insects can be quite harsh as well.  In our area, red fire ants are abundant and they even got to my Bell Pepper before I did.  Kainez! LOL

But it's also fun and a great stress reliever :)  Who knew that this girl who always tried to skip gardening in grade school would be growing a garden, eh? LOL

No comments: