Saturday, November 28, 2015

Be a blessing to others, everyday

I haven't been such a happy soul the past few weeks.  But yesterday, I was reminded that my family and I are quite blessed and I should be thankful.  Yes, there are bills to pay, but thankfully, there's money to pay them with.  Yes, our yaya has lapses, but thankfully, I have a yaya who takes care of us.  Yes, family and other people approach us for help, but thankfully, we can give something.  Yes, I feel I should get paid more at work, but thankfully, I have the work flexibility.  Yes, my boys are messy, but thankfully, they do make me happy.

I'm sorry if I haven't been grateful.  I really am blessed where I am now, it's not perfect and I don't have everything.  I'm grateful that the husband believes that our goal is life is not to get rich, but to be a blessing to others.  Not necessarily in big, extravagant things... but in the little things that count.  Like when I handed our yaya her sweldo and her 13th month pay, plus a little extra.  Like when we gave our barely used juicer to my sister-in-law.  Like when I gave my uneaten lunch to our manong guard.  Like when I let a construction worker go ahead of me at the grocery counter.  It's the little things, the everyday things, that you can do to be a blessing to others.  It always gives me a little high when I do little things for others, I'm dancing my happy dance - in head lang, of course :D

I hope others start doing these little things too.  It'll make you feel lighter, when you know you've done something for others.


No comments: