Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Whirlwind week and weekend

Last week was quite heavy for me.  My Mama was rushed to the hospital Wednesday, her 3rd hospitalization this year.  I had to hurriedly get tickets home and be with my her.  Thankfully she felt better and was discharged last Saturday. 

But she needs to get heart tests - the Holter test and an Angiogram too.  I had to stay in Cagayan de Oro until yesterday to be with Mama for the Holter test.  We'll have to canvass for the Angiogram first since it's a bit pricey in Cagayan de Oro.

I'm the eldest of 3 girls and my sisters still don't know how to handle these kinds of situations.  And my Papa is an OFW and this time, he's out of the country.  The first two hospitalizations, he was home so I didn't have to fly to CdO.

It's hard to leave my little one and hubby home.  My little one has school, he has homework that we have to do and other little things.  Although the hubby is quite great with studying and doing homework with the little boy, thank God.  But it's still different when I'm there with the little one. 

When I left Cagayan de Oro yesterday, I felt sad leaving Mama behind.  Mostly because I also saw she was struggling to hold back her tears.  But also because I worry about her - how she'll be with an empty house while my sisters are out, Papa away and me and my family here.

At the same time, I so wanted to go home and be with my own family.  I can't wait for the little boy's stories about school, his friends and what he's been doing while I was away.  And I can't wait to be with hubby, just spending time and talking. 

C'est la vie!

No comments: