Sunday, August 12, 2012

Antonio, you didn't disappoint

The house specialty - Sizzling Bulalo and Bulalo soup on the side
On the day Typhoon Gener arrived, my family and I went to Tagaytay for lunch after Sunday mass.  I was hoping to use our Antonio's Breakfast voucher that I bought at Groupon.  But they were closed for a wedding reception.  And since it was pouring rain, we decided to go to Antonio's Grill instead.  The one near the Starbucks/Pancake house area.  The last time I was in Antonio's Grill was about 3 years ago.  And I remembered the food was awesome.

We wanted soup, because it was raining so hard and was quite chilly.  But then I remembered their Sizzling Bulalo.  However, if we get the Sizzling Bulalo, we won't have the soup.  Good thing the waiter offered to give us free Bulalo soup :)  So yes, Sizzling Bulalo it is, which was still yummy as I remembered it. 

The very yummy Ginataang Monggo

Then we got the Ginataang Monggo.  Monggo is one of my favorite beans.  And put in gata, it's so yummy!  It's the best Monggo I've ever had.

Inihaw na Liempo





  Then we got the Inihaw na Liempo.  It was nothing spectacular, but it wasn't bad either.





Turon with langka
 


For dessert, we got the Turon with Langka.  It was quite good.  Although because of the sugar syrup, it was a bit sweet for my Mama.

I was happy to know that Antonio's didn't disappoint after all these years.  Food was still awesome.  Service was fast and efficient.  We find that in some restaurants, after a few hit years, food and service decline.  But this is not so with Antonio's Grill.  Good job!  3 snaps for ya :D


No comments: