Thursday, August 02, 2012

Me, a juggler

My seatmate for two days
 It has been a rather busy weekend and week - in all fronts.  At home, we're changing our car and so I had to do multiple errands for it, like changing the speakers of the stereo, making sure the documents are all in order, this is on top of coordinating with the buyer.  Selling a valuable item is a lot of work, I tell ya!  Plus I got emotional about selling the car LOL  The other day, I thought I was driving it for one last time, I got teary eyed.  I know, I am mababaw ang luha :P

My folks were at home to visit.  I love having them here but they do demand a lot of my time and attention.  I do love having my Mama close by, she always has a story to tell.  And I've started to watch Walang Hanggan, a teleserye, because of her haha!

The little boy stayed home for 2 days because classes have been suspended due to the Typhoon Gener.  We were all holed up at home, except for the hubby of course.  When classes resumed, it did so with a bang.  They're in the tail-end of the first quarter with exams on August 13-17, this means quizzes everyday.  And he has Mandarin lessons too, which is alien to me.  Wish me luck with the tutorials!  Plus this school bus operator is irritating me.  Sadly I signed a 10 month contract with them, so it'll be difficult to pull out of it.  Hay.  We have to make it work!

While waiting for dear hubby
Work has rather been hectic lately as well.  I haven't had a day without conference calls or clients phoning me for questions.  Project, clean-ups, reports and client issues come up left and right, and right after another.  Sometimes I feel like my to-do list is endless.  I have notes, post-its and reminders all over the place.  Thank God I learned prioritizing :P

Thankfully, I am finding myself taking on each day, without much stress.  Emphasis on the MUCH.  There's still stress, but it's manageable. I sometimes don't finish my tasks, spilling over stuff to the next day, because well, there is always the next day :)  I don't over stress about unticked items in my list, like I used to before. 

I am thankful that I have a loving, although makulit, family.  I am thankful for a job that allows me to work from home, from the road, from the car shop, from my son's school, from practically anywhere.  I am thankful for the opportunities to learn more about life and  relationships.  And I am thankful for the ability to laugh at myself, with others, for others.  Juggling family and work, with everything in between, has never been easy.  But it's made easier with prayers, with a God who can always turn to for everything and anything.

No comments: