Friday, July 31, 2009

Work stress overload

The past weeks has been extremely stressful at work. I've been called a few not nice adjectives. Deserved or undeserved, I was affected to the deepest level. I guess it's just hard to live up to very high expectations. All I can do is try my best.

It's hard when one aspect of life is difficult. Something just stops functioning. I was suddenly consumed with a remark made. It was probably flippant on his part, so I didn't want to dwell on it. But I was so affected, I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was on automatic replay in my head, like a song from my Ipod. Only I wasn't hearing melodies.

I think less of it now. He did try to make amends. My friend said that knowing me, that remark just will challenge me. Perhaps she's right. I am slightly challenged, although I'm more cautious now. That and guarded.

At least it's Friday. Work rests. Weekend is a happy respite. TGIF everyone!

No comments: