Saturday, October 03, 2009

Pepeng (Parma) went away!

Last night, I slept fearing and bracing for the Super Typhoon Pepeng. Late afternoon yesterday, it was starting to rain and winds were also starting to pick up. When I woke up this morning, I expected to wake up to heavy rains and strong winds. Surprisingly, I woke up to a dry day, although still a bit gloomy. I'd take a gloomy day anytime. So I had time to do my weekly palengke. Fish was ridiculously expensive though, so I stayed away from the fish area. Vegetables were priced the same, due to the State of Calamity declaration yesterday, they couldn't raise the prices.

Oh and I got another frequent shopper card! This time from Monterey. They have this MVP card where you can earn points while you shop and points can be converted to cash. Quite neat, huh?

Happy weekend all, stay dry!

No comments: